My name is Duane de Four and I’m a public speaker, educator, and blogger. My specialties include:
- Gender violence prevention
- Teaching bystander intervention
- Sexual health education
- Redefining masculinity and outreach to male groups
- Diversity education
I’ve been a public speaker and educator for close to twenty years now, and in that time I’ve had the privilege of facilitating hundreds (probably thousands) of trainings — for both mixed and single gender groups — reaching:
- Youth in detention centers
- Middle and high school students
- Men enrolled in batterer intervention programs
- College/University students, student-athletes, coaches, staff, fraternity & sorority groups
- Professional athletes, coaches and/or staff with the NFL, NBA, NHL and NASCAR
- Service men and women in the U.S. Marine Corps, Air Force and Air National Guard
In 2011 I wrapped up a project that I’m pretty proud of. I was one of only six Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) selected to train Air Force Sexual Assault Response Coordinators (SARCs) to deliver a groundbreaking Bystander Intervention curriculum. The freshly-trained SARCs were then scheduled to conduct their own series of trainings reaching over 600,000 Air Force personnel serving around the world! You can read more about this and my other work on the Full Bio page.
In addition to my work as a public speaker and educator, I’m the creator of HowManly.com, a blog about masculinity in media and culture.
To learn about the education, outreach and/or technical support services that I can provide your organization, please visit the Services pages. If you’d like to contact me directly, please visit the Contact page to send me a message.
Want to know what fun and exciting training I’m off to next? You can keep track of all my upcoming special events and trainings in the news feed, located on the left side of my homepage. If you want to view the videos related to aspects of my work that I’ve created, you’ll find those on the right side of my homepage as well.
Thanks for visiting and I look forward to hearing from you!